What are Republic’s COVID-19 Safety Protocols?
We are thrilled to welcome you back through our doors with the health, safety, and well-being of our staff and customers as our highest priority. As such, the following safety procedures have been put into place:
- To ensure the safety of our guests and to fully comply with the City Of New Orleans Covid-19 Modified Phase Three guidelines (effective 3/12/2021), all guests must be 21+ to enter, wear a mask when not actively drinking, and observe social distancing at all times, inside and outside of the venue. Every event at Republic will promptly end at 10:45 and all guests will be asked to exit the venue by 11:00 sharp. We have voluntarily lowered our capacity below all COVID-19 guideline maximums. Although we are finalizing a new advance table reservation system, the current system is first-come-first-serve for tables. Upon arrival, you will identify the members of your immediate household, 1 to 10 guests, and select your table of choice of the available tables that match your group size! You will be shown to your table; this will be your table for the entire evening; guests cannot join other tables or move tables or chairs; we will provide table service – our bar staff will take drink orders right at your table; drinks will not be served over the bar; and we cannot allow standing or dancing during the night. Please only stand when walking to and from the restroom or exiting the venue. No standing or dancing? Yes, we totally understand that’s a tall order, as Republic has been a home for many to let loose, socialize, and dance for years, but it’s clear that standing and dancing is still strictly prohibited in the City’s Modified Phase Three guidelines, and we must fully comply! Please help us keep you safe, slow the spread, and ensure that we are compliant, so you can continue to enjoy events at Republic NOLA! With so much at stake, we have to have a zero tolerance policy. Unfortunately, this means that repeat offenders will be asked to leave; No exceptions, no debate, and no refunds. Our protocols were written (and approved by the City of New Orleans Safety and Permits Office) to exceed all guidelines and ensure the safety of our guests! However, if you don’t feel safe returning to public spaces or bars specifically, we completely understand; we hope that each of you use your best judgment; and we hope to see you whenever you feel it’s the right time for you! Ultimately, enter at your own risk. Also, if you’re not 100% sure you can comply with all guidelines and procedures, we’re just not the place for you right now, so please DO NOT COME TO REPUBLIC. We’ll get through this if we work together for the common good, so please do your part! Thank you so much for understanding … and complying! We’re so excited to have you back in your second home, love y’all! ———– You can read the City of New Orleans Modified Phase Three Guidelines here.
What are the age requirements?
Republic NOLA is always an 18+ venue, however some shows are 21+. The age requirement for each individual show will always be listed in the ticket description for the show on our Calendar.
Where are you located?
Republic NOLA is in the heart of the Arts/Warehouse District, conveniently situated between the French Quarter and Uptown New Orleans:
- 2 blocks from the Convention Center
- 4 blocks from Harrah’s Casino
- 8 blocks from the French Quarter
- 14 blocks from the Superdome/Smoothie King Center
- ~25 min from Louis Armstrong National Airport (MSY)
Where should I park?
The nearest parking options* include:
- Metered street parking is usually available, and is free from 7pm-7am & on Sundays
- Fulton Garage: 901 Convention Center Blvd. (2 blocks, rates vary)
- The Riverwalk: 500 Port of New Orleans Pl. (2 blocks, rates vary)
*we highly encourage the use of Uber/Lyft or a designated driver if you plan to imbibe; don’t drink & drive!
What can’t I, or can I, bring into the venue?
Leave at home:
- Pocket knives, sharp objects, & weapons of any kind
- Outside food & beverages of any kind
- Illicit/Illegal Substances
- Large Multi-Pocket Backpacks/Bags (larger than 14” x 11” x 5”)
- Professional/SLR cameras (unless you have Requested a Press Pass)
- Laser pointers
- Pepper spray/mace
- Under the LA law established May 2015, Vape Pens & Cigarettes may be brought into the venue, but can be smoked outside only. You will be asked to leave if you smoke inside the venue.
Feel free to bring:
- Phones/digital cameras (excluding SLR)
- Small purses/single-pocket drawstring bags (may be subject to search)
- Prescription drugs that match your government issued photo ID
- *Empty* Camelback/water backpack or water bottles
Is there a dress code?
Come as you are, as long as you’re decent; we encourage individuality and self-expression with these stipulations:
- No nudity or exposed body parts that would need to be blurred on cable TV
- Shirts and shoes are required (sandals/flip flops allowed at your own risk)
If an individual show has different dress code requirements, they will be included in the show’s description on the Calendar.
Is there a coat check or place I can leave my belongings?
With the exception of some Private Events, there is not a coat check and unfortunately, we cannot store personal belongings. We recommend leaving anything you don’t want to hold onto at home/in your vehicle.
How do I buy tickets in advance?
To purchase tickets online, View Our Calendar, click the show you’d like to attend, and follow the Buy Tickets link to our exclusive ticket provider, Eventbrite. To purchase tickets from our Box Office, see below.
When is the Box Office Open?
Our Box Office is open Mon-Fri between 11a-5p, and then 1 hour prior to the door time for all ticketed shows.
Where exactly is the Box Office located?
If you are facing Republic’s main entrance, the Box Office is 3 doors down to the left with a wooden “Box Office” sign in the window above the door. If you pass Outlaw Pizza, you’ve gone too far. If you pass Harrah’s Casino, you’ve gone waaayyyyy too far.
Do I save on ticket fees by buying advance tickets at the Box Office?
While there is still an Eventbrite ticket fee when you purchase tickets at the Box Office (all ticketing platforms have a fee), you do save on the online processing fee by purchasing in person (~$1 for most shows).
What ticketing system does Republic NOLA use? Do you honor tickets from 3rd party sites (StubHub, SeatGeek, etc)?
Republic NOLA exclusively uses Eventbrite for ticketing. While tickets from a 3rd party site may work just fine, if they do not scan, unfortunately there is nothing that Republic NOLA can do to help you without the original ticket holder present with photo identification; you will have to contact the site from which you purchased the tickets. We highly recommend purchasing tickets directly from Eventbrite or our Box Office.
If I bought an online ticket, do I need to print it?
Your ticket can be scanned directly from your smartphone. Please make the barcode as large as possible and turn the brightness level all the way up to ensure expedited entry for everyone.
Can I transfer a name on a ticket?
Yes, Republic NOLA has enabled ticket transfers within Eventbrite so that guests can easily make that change themselves. You can transfer your ticket to someone else just by updating your order information with the new attendee’s information; view step-by-step instructions on how to update your order information in your Eventbrite account.
Where do I go if I’m on the Guest List?
If you have been specifically told that you have a ticket on the Guest List for a show, please check in with your photo ID at the Box Office first to retrieve your ticket before proceeding to the main entrance.
If I have a VIP ticket, do I need to wait in line?
When a VIP ticket is available, Republic NOLA will have 2 lines at the entrance; look for the line on the left labeled VIP and enter there to avoid waiting in the General Admission line on the right.
If I have reserved a table/section with Bottle Service, do I need to wait in line?
If you have a Bottle Service Reservation, check-in directly with the Security Host at the main entrance and he will assist you from there to get you in and seated.
Do I need to make an appointment to tour the venue for a wedding/private event?
Our Special Events Team schedules tours of the venue by appointment only Mon-Fri between 10am-6pm. Due to our fluctuating weekend events, private tours are generally not available on Saturday/Sunday, however we sometimes allow prospective clients to stop in “open house style” while we are setting up for certain event to take a look around. Contact Us for more info on upcoming open house dates/times or to schedule a private tour.
If you can’t make it in person, check out our virtual tour.
How do I book a VIP section?
View more info and request availability here.
How do I book a Private Party, Wedding, or Corporate Event?
View more info and request a quote here.
How do I book a Show or Public Event?
Tell us more information about your proposed show/event here.
How do I apply to join the Republic NOLA team?
If you are you outgoing, hard-working, enthusiastic & hope to join our amazing team, please visit the Box Office in-person to fill out an application, Mon-Fri between 11a-5p. Resumes are encouraged, but not required.
Is your venue handicap accessible?
Our first floor is ADA accessible. If you need special accommodations, please contact us and we will do our best to facilitate your needs. Due to our status as a historic property, we do not have an elevator to the second floor and the Mezzanine is only accessible via stairs.
Is there an ATM inside the venue?
Yes, there is an ATM located just inside our main entrance.
Once I’ve entered the Venue for a show, can I leave and come back?
Yes, re-entry is allowed for all shows via the main entrance.
We’re coming to a show/event from out of town; are there hotels nearby that you recommend?
Though New Orleans’ small footprint makes most neighborhoods accessible via quick Uber/Lyft ride, here are some of our favorite Arts/Warehouse District hotels in walking distance:
Convenient & Budget Friendly:
For Special Occasions:
Worth the Walk:
Are there restaurants nearby that you recommend for grabbing a bite before/after a show?
There is definitely no lack of amazing restaurants in New Orleans, but here’s a few of our neighborhood favs that are in walking distance of Republic NOLA: